Lifestyle & After Care
- Patients can continue to perform routine activities, including sports. However, vigorous and adventurous sports should be avoided.
- Patient should be aware that the stimulation can change with the change in posture and should be prepared to adjust to the same.
- Over a period of time if the stimulation decreases or the pain recurs, the stimulator will have to reprogram.
- Depending on the type of the pacemaker, it would be necessary to replace it when it is reaching end of life.
- If there is any redness, pain or swelling at the stimulator or the IPG site it should be reported.
- Use the lifestyle modification guidelines after stimulation implantations. E.g. caution for MRI, metal detectors, airport security, sports etc.