Tips To Remove Anxiety
Stress and anxiety are common in today’s life. Many patients shared their anxiety and related problems with me. Today, we will discuss the tips to remove anxiety.
You’ve been in bed for an hour now, you still can’t go to sleep. Maybe you’re thinking about your job, health insurance or your kid’s career, business.
The problems are always going to be in your life, which you can’t escape. But the good news is, there is something you can do to help yourself.
Diaphragmatic breathing or Abdominal breathing for 20 to 30 minutes each day can help strengthen your diaphragm muscles and reduce anxiety and stress. Deep breathing increases the supply of oxygen to your brain and stimulates the parasympathetic nervous system, which promotes a state of calmness.
1) Sit with your eyes closed and switch your attention to your breathing. Take a deep breath through the nostrils.
2) Be aware of the feeling of the breath as you exhale and inhale. Place one hand on your belly, and the other on your chest. Take a deep breath and up to 4. Hold your breath and count up to 3. Exhale for a count of 4.
3) Focus on your breath and forget everything else. Your mind is terribly busy, and you’ll even feel that the meditation is making your mind busy, however, the fact is you are simply turning additional attention to your mind.
4) Resist the temptation to follow the various thoughts as they arise, and concentrate on the feeling of the breath. If you discover that your mind was wandering, then you immediately focus on your breath.
5) You can repeat this exercise as many times as you want.
6) 5 X 30: Jogging, walking, biking, or dancing 3 to 5 times every week for a half-hour.
7) Find varieties of exercise that are fun or pleasurable. Extrovert people often like group and cluster activities. People who are more introvert often prefer solo pursuits.
8) Be patient after you begin a replacement exercise program. Most inactive folks need four to eight weeks to get accustomed.
Practice yoga daily for a few minutes. Nadi Shodhana Pranayama which is excellent to remove anxiety. Sukhasana, Uttana Shishosana, Dhanurasana, Paschimottanasana, Dandasana, Uttanasana, Janu Sirsasana, Marjaryasana are important to remove anxiety. If you practice daily, after 15 days you can feel the change.
Listen to music and enjoy the beat of the music. Some types of classical, Indian music, instrumental music can be soothing, but simply listening to the music you enjoy is effective too. Nature sounds can also be very calming.
Deep Meditation Music to Remove Anxiety
Eat well-balanced meals
Eat healthful, energy-boosting snacks to remove anxiety. You have to eat more foods that contain grain carbohydrates, vitamin B, and omega-3s. Omega-3s helps to reduce symptoms of depression and anxiety.
Turmeric contains curcumin, a compound with antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties that may alleviate anxiety symptoms.
If you suffer from anxiety, yogurt is a great food to include in your diet. Green tea contains L-theanine and EGCG, which may promote brain health and anxiety reduction.
Some other foods such as eggs, meat, and the dairy product contain high protein and amino acids that produce the neurotransmitters dopamine and serotonin, which have the potential to improve mental health. Almonds, blueberries (vitamin c and antioxidants), bell peppers, bananas, oats, turkey, magnesium-rich foods like spinach, dark leafy greens improve brain health and help with anxiety relief.
Get enough sleep
Once stressed, your body wants further sleep and rest.
Take a Deep Breath
Meditation is good for people who suffer from worry, uneasiness, and anxiety. Inhale and exhale slowly. Meditation helps to remove anxiety.
You know something that short, shallow breaths signify stress and anxiety. Consciously breathing, lengthening and strengthening breath helps to remove anxiety. So, most of us have heard about meditation.
Meditation is a way to observe the brain and understanding the brain’s thought patterns can help create distance from those thoughts. Count to ten slowly: Repeat, and count to twenty if necessary.
Here are several types of deep breathing exercises, including diaphragmatic breathing, abdominal breathing, belly breathing, and paced respiration.
The goal of deep breathing is to focus your awareness on your breath, making it slower and deeper. When you breathe in deeply through your nose, your lungs fully expand and your belly rises.
Last Tips to Remove Anxiety
- Do your best. Rather than aiming for perfection, that is not doable, be happy with but shut you get.
- Learn what triggers your anxiety. Is it work, family, school, or one thing else you’ll identify? Write in an exceedingly journal once you’re feeling stressed or anxious, and appearance for a pattern.
- Talk to somebody. Tell friends and family you’re feeling engulfed, and allow them to shrewdness they’ll assist you. Consult with a medical man or healer for skilled facilitate. Having a strong social ties helps you to get rid of stress.
- Chew a gum that helps to relieve stress easy & quickly.
- Distract yourself with Associate iPod or different transportable media players such as Audiobooks, podcasts, or music. Many of us notice it’s additional fun to exercise, whereas paying attention to one thing they get pleasure from.
- High quantities of caffeine can increase stress and anxiety. So avoid consuming extra caffeine intake.
- Try to get outside in natural sunlight for 15 min a day in the morning. It is a good way to increase your vitamin D levels, which decreases anxiety disorders and depression.
- If you do exercise regularly, you may feel competent and confident in your body, which in turn promotes mental wellbeing.
Set tiny daily goals and aim for daily consistency instead of excellent workouts. It’s higher to steer each day for 15-20 minutes than to attend till the weekend for a three-hour fitness marathon. Several scientific knowledge suggests that frequency is most significant.
Dr. Paresh Doshi is the Director of Neurosurgery at the Jaslok hospital in Mumbai. He has been featured several times as top neurosurgeon in Mumbai/ Best Neurosurgeon in Mumbai.